5 amazing delivery services that will transform the way you interact with brands.
Delivery and subscription based services are changing the way people shop, consume and interact with brands. Here’s an overview of 5 must have delivery/subscription services and a pro/con for each.
1. Instacart for groceries – PRO: Buy only what you need and can track your cart total along the way. Spend less money by avoiding impulse buys. CON: Personal shoppers don’t always pick a comparable replacement if something is out of stock. Trial and error with produce, for example qty 1 banana literally means ONE banana, not 1lb.
2. Amazon PrimePantry for household – PRO: Avoid shopping at Target. CON: Savings is negated by the standard $4.99 box fee (in addition to the $99 Prime subscription).
3. Caviar for restaurants – PRO: Tip and tax already factored in, no need to sign. Good selection of restaurants to choose from. CON: No complaints yet.
4. Stitch Fix for fashion – PRO: Receiving clothing items you normally wouldn’t select helps keep your style fresh. Killer variable data and imaging printing, each box feels extremely personalized. CON: Easy to exceed clothing budget, suggest opting for every other month rather than once a month service.
5. Allure Beauty Box for beauty – PRO: Avoid shopping at Target. Again, try new products you normally wouldn’t purchase. CON: Mainstream products (i.e. Unilever, P&G), would like to see more natural and organic options offered.
I’m starting to utilize these services like I do utilities, constant replenishment, auto draft, time-saving devices that don’t require much thought. Plus I don’t miss fighting for a parking spot at Whole Foods or weekend trips to Target.
Hope you give delivery/subscriptions a try and discover how you can dedicate more free time to important things…would love to hear about your experiences (good or bad) with these types of services.